Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Celebration and Surprise!

Monday was hubby's birthday but he had school until 1:30 and then had to work that evening, so instead, we celebrated on Sunday. Tammy wanted to make him dinner. She said, "I don't have any money to get him a gift, so this is my gift to him." Trust me babe, that dinner meant more to him than any store bought gift could have. And it was YUMMY!!! She made steak with roasted veggies (potatoes, carrots, and asapargus) on the side.
Tammy making the yummy steak! It was a flank steak with red pepper, swiss cheese and spinach all rolled together. Sooo good!
And the yummy yeggies!
The steak she did on the George Foreman grill that we got Jacob for Christmas, and the veggies were roasted in the oven.
I asked Jacob what kind of a cake he wanted, he wanted an ice cream cake, so I went to Baskin Robbins and got one.
Cake from Baskin Robbins.
Silly man!
I know he likes Chocolate Cake and this Peanut Butter Chocolate cake was the only one they had that was a chocolate cake that didn't have Pecans or some other nut. And since I am allergic to nuts Jacob won't eat them either. All in all it was a great evening.
For my gift to him, I redid his office. But I had to wait till this weekend since he was away for drill for the Reserves and I wanted it to be a surprise. And boy was he ever surprised! My mom and Tammy helped as well, and I was grateful! It was quite the task, but the look on his face when he saw it, it's well worth it. He loves it!
Office before. It's in the basement, so it was kind of dark and dirty looking. We all hated going down there. I wanted to make it a nice room where Jacob could relax and study.
And the after. Here you can see his desk and TV. The TV is for him to watch movies, shows, or play games while he takes a break from the stresses of studying. The picture hanging on the cabinet door directly in front of his desk is a Greg Olsen print that his mom got him for his birthday. I also hung next to it a family picture from our recent photo shoot and picture of the Provo Temple. He has his bulletin board and calender hanging right there for easy referrence. the rug he got in Afghanistan. And I had my mom make the curtains to seperate this room from the food storage room.
And here is his reading/game corner. My mom and I brought the chair, affectionately known as "Jacob's ugly orange chair" down and set it in the corner where he can relax or play video games. I put his Lord of the Rings posters up and had my mom make a throw to go over his chair.

He was thrilled when he saw it! And we are just thrilled that he is thrilled!

Happy Birthday Honey! I love you!

No comments: