Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sharon's Story

When I was born my dad was in the Army, so I was born in Fort Bliss Texas. I am the youngest of my parents children. My sister Ginny is married with 3 kids, ages 16, 12, and 9) and she lives in Maryland. Roy is married, living in West Jordan Utah with his wonderful wife. They have 4 children (ages 11, 9, 6 & almost 2). Ben and Matt are twins. Ben has a son who is 6 and lives in Midvale Utah. Matt lives in Orem UT. Shortly after I was born we moved to Germany. I was only 3 when we moved back to the states so I don't remember it. Most of my childhood was spent in Maryland before we moves to Utah when I was 13.

A year after our move my parents divorced and they are both remarried. Both of their spouses are awesome. My mom married Dale in 1994, and he has 3 kids Christy who is married, and lives in South Jordan UT and has 5 kids, ages 17, 13, 4, 1 & 1 (twins!), Mindy who lives in West Valley UT, and Joe who also lives in West Valley UT. My Dad and his wife Sally (also married in 94') have two great kids that they adopted, Kristina and David. Total in all there are 10 children and including my daughter Tammy, 14 grand children.

Tammy, my daughter is 14 (she will be 15 in June of this year-2010). She is the light of my life. Tammy was 6 when Jacob and I got married. We share joint custody of Tammy with her dad. We have a great relationship with him and it makes co-parenting way easier. Tammy lives with us, but gets to see her dad all the time. He only lives a few minutes away so it makes it nice.
(Me in 1998)

I have a lot of hobbies. 8 years ago I started stamping and making cards. I also just recently learned how to digi-scrap. I also love to work with ceramics, quilt, and paint. Two of my favorite hobbies are cake decorating and photography. I was at a craft store a couple of years ago and I saw an ad for cake decorating classes. I ended up loving it so much that I took all 3 courses and have made a lot of cakes for family and friends. But by far, my favorite hobby though is photography. Of the pictures that I post, if I'm not in it, more then likely I took it. *grin*

(me at the White Sands Missile Park in New Mexico where we used to live)

No comments: