Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Birth Mother Baskets, a way to say Thank You

I had a different post planned for today, but I will share that one tomorrow. Today is Thanksgiving. It seems fitting that todays post should be a way to say Thank You to wonderful, amazing, incredible, Birth Mothers.
We haven't been chosen yet, but already I feel such a love for our future Birth Mom.
In planning out this weeks posts I had this one planned for tomorrow, but I think it needs to be today.
A few weeks ago in reading my daily blogs that I read I ran across a post about a website called Birth Mother Baskets. Birth Mother Baskets is an organization started by a Birth Mother who placed her daughter 9 years ago.
When a Mother goes into the hospital to have her baby, she leaves with her baby. When a Birth Mother goes to the hospital to have her baby, she leaves with empty arms.
Birth Mother Baskets are filled with items such as blankets, candles, lotions, etc. Each basket is unique and is lovingly given to a Birth Mother to carry out of the hospital as she leaves so she doesn't leave with empty arms. What a wonderful way to say thank you to your Birth Mother or to another Birth Mother.
On this day of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for this wonderful adoption world. I am so grateful for the amazing people I have met. I'm thankful for my family, for my husband and my daughter. I'm grateful for the gospel and the blessing it is in our lives. I'm grateful for our home, for our extended family and friends. And, I'm grateful we got a killer deal on a 2nd car (this is the first time we have had 2 cars in our entire marriage, trust me, it was needed. lol)

No comments: