Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

November is National Adoption Month



November is National adoption month! And over on the R house blog mrs. r had issued a challenge.

The challenge is, in honor of National Adoption Month, to blog about adoption everyday. I chuckled when I saw it because I'm good if I blog once a week let alone once a month. But you know what, I love challenges, so here we go!

In thinking about what I could blog about this month I came up with several things. I will be blogging about our hope to adopt and about us, I'll blog about other couples I know who are hoping to adopt, adoption success stories, sites and resources I have found to help not only adoptive families, but also birth families as well. And I am going to try and get some birthmom's together to share thier stories as well. I have been amazed these last several months at how many people have been touched by adoption. Adoption really is a wonderful and amazing gift.

Oh, and did I mention, mrs. r is having a get together at the Blue Lemon at the end of the month to celebrate adoption! Here is a link to her post: National Adoption Month/Blue Lemon get together

No comments: