Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Birth Mom's Journey: Jill's Story

About a month ago I was blog hopping and I came across a blog that had me capitvated from word 1. Jill is a birth mom who placed her daughter Roo (not her daughters real name of course, Roo is a nickname she gave her) for adoption only a couple of months ago. At the time I started reading I think she had placed a little less then 6 weeks before.
I went back and spent several hours reading every single one of Jill's posts. Jill gives you an inside look at what adoption and placement is like for a birth mom. I can't tell you how many times I cried, how many tears I shed. Jill is a trully trully amazing woman.
Placement is not easy for a birth mom, and Jill makes no secret of that. She describes every emotion she felt as she felt them. She started the blog right before placement, and describes every last feeling in a way that I felt like I was there watching her go through them. My insides felt like they were being ripped out as I read her feelings at placement and the days following. I love that she did that, because placement isn't easy at all. But with time, comes healing and even the ability to see the good in life. Jill describes how much each new day helps her. Yes, she still have those hard days, and she misses her Roo more then anything.
Jills journey is trully one of hope. I already had such an amazing love for birth mothers before reading Jills blog, but after reading her journey, I can't even tell you how much my love has grown for what our future birth mom will go through for her little one, and my desire for an open adoption is even greater then it was before if that is what our birth mom wants.
Be sure to read Jill's journey in her words here at her blog.
Thank you Jill for letting me share your story.

No comments: