Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

a little late........ with good reason

I know what you're thinking... "hey Sharon, today is November 4th, your last post was November 2nd. 4 days into the challenge and you've already missed a day. Way to go!" Either that or you're wondering how long today's post is going to be. ;-) I have a very good reason for not posting yesterday. Jacob baby brother Paul is joining the Navy today. So we spent part of the day yesterday with him and his sweet wife Erin. Then Erin stayed at our house last night while Paul was at the hotel. Erin and I stayed up talking until 3:30 this morning so I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. So yesterday's post I will do now, and then today's post I will do a little later today.

Because I am getting ready to leave for Paul's swearing in, today's post will be short.

What I wanted to post on today was about resources for adoptive couples and birth families. The first amazingly helpful resource I found was the r house blog. mrs. r. the blog's author is amazing. She has 2 boys that she has adopted, both were contested adoptions. In fact, she is still in court proceedings fighting for her baby G after over a year. She is amazing. She is a HUGE adoption advocate. On her blog she holds an ask a birthmom panel, matching monday's featuring children who are in foster care around the country who are waiting for thier forever families, and soooo many other adoption resources. She is how I have found out so much about open adoption. She has an open adoption with both her birth moms. Amazing I tell you! If you haven't checked out her blog, what are you waiting for!

No comments: