Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Daddy

(My daddy)
Yesterday I went up to Logan to see my dad and family. Jacob had drill (for the Reserves) this weekend so it was just Tammy and I. We left at a little after 1 and got there around 3. It was so nice to be able to just sit and visit. Sally showed me some scrapbook pages she has been working on. She has such an eye for that. We talked and talked. We had dinner and talked some more. We talked so long in fact that we didn't end up leaving until 8:30 or so. The plan had been to leave sooner because I needed to come home and plan my Primary Lesson for church this morning. (I teach the 4 & 5 yr olds at church.)

We spent a lot of time looking at pictures and things. It was a lot of fun. Right as we were getting ready to leave Sally stopped me and said she had something for me. When she came out with this gorgeous pitcher and bowl set, I started crying. I immediately hugged her and then went to hug my dad.

My dad made this when I was little, and I mean little. Isn't it gorgeous! I grew up with this in our house. I loved it. I mentioned to Sally one time how much it I loved it. I guess she talked to my dad about it a few days ago and asked him if she could give it to me. He was perfectly fine with that. So now it sits in my house. Front and center in my living room. I love it! Thank you Dad and Sally!

No comments: