Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

15 years ago..... Happy Birthday Tamara!!!

It was a beautiful Tuesday morning in June. My mom and I left the house at 7a.m. that morning to head to the hospital for my scheduled C-Section. We arrived at 7:30. Right on time. I went into the OR a couple of hours later and after some issues with the spinal it was finally time. At 9:39a.m. I hear the nurse saying "Hey look everyone, we're being mooned!" (She was breech, which was the reason for the C-Section). A few seconds later I feel tugging as they pulled her out. And then I heard it. The most beautiful sound. The first cry of my little one.



That day, was 15 years ago today. My baby girl is just as sweet, just as cute, and even more beautiful then I ever could have imagined, both inside and out. I am so proud to be her mom.
I love you Tamara! Happy Birthday!!

No comments: