Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saying goodbye

Today we said goodbye and laid Melissa to rest. Today was Melissa's funeral services. I can't tell you how warmed I was to see how many people were there, and to know how many more weren't able to come. The chapel, and even part of the cultural hall, was filled to overflowing with love for Melissa and the wonderful life she led. The support for her loved ones, ecspecially her husband and daughter was overwhelming. My heart breaks when I think of the pain they are going through.
The service itself was beautiful. Very fitting for such a beautiful person. The graveside service afterwards was a perfect way to say goodbye. At the end we all wrote messages for Melissa on tags and tied them to balloons and let them go while we listened to "Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson (fitting since Melissa was lovingly referred to as Missy). As I watched the balloons float up to the heavens and listened to the final words of the song "Don't worry bout' me", my heart was overflowing for the love I have for Melissa and grateful for the knowledge that this life is not the end. We will see her again. And as I stood there surronded by old friends, I knew it would be o.k.
Melissa, we love you and we miss you. You touched so many lives. You led a wonderful life that I know made our Heavenly Father proud. Rest in Peace my friend. Until we see eachother again. I love you.

No comments: