Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Birthparents are my heroes! ***Guest Blogger

Today's guest blogger is my friend Devin. She and her husband Jared are hoping to adopt. I met Devin last year when she and I both volunteered for the planning committee for the Adoptive Couples Retreat. She is one of those people that when you meet her, you feel as if you have known her for years. Even though it has only been a year, I feel like I have always been friends with her. Jared & Devin are just a quirky, fun, happy couple. They would give you the shirts off their backs if you needed them. When I asked for guest bloggers, Devin was one of the first to volunteer. I gave her freedom on what she wanted to write about, and her loving nature shines through with what she chose:


***************************************


Hey everyone! We're Jared and Devin. Little history about us... we
were married Dec. 2006. We went into our marriage knowing having
biological kids were out of the question for us (yes, yes we know we
are super blessed like that). With that in mind, Jan. 2009 we started
the adoption process and got approved through LDS family services
Sept. 2009. Now, if you really want to know more of our story, please
email us (jndpayne@gmail.com) or check out our blog
(http://jndpayne.blogpsot.com). In this post, I would like to focus on
something else.

Birth parents are one of my heroes! I know there are a lot of them out
there and comparatively I only know a handful, but every single one of
them are my hero. The selfless sacrifice they make for their child is
beyond comprehension in my opinion. In general, birth parents are the
nicest, most giving people EVER! too. It breaks my heart to hear of
the things people say to and about them. No one deserves to be treated
disrespectfully, but especially not birth parents. If it weren't for
their ultimate gift there were be countless couples, like us, that
would never have the chance to be parents.

I actually have all 3 of the adoption triad involved in my family. I
have an aunt who places a baby boy about 31 years ago, I have an uncle
who was adopted, and we are hoping to adopt. Jared has a brother or
two hoping to adopt as well. Not that this makes us any more educated
in adoption, but I do think it helps us get at least somewhat of a
good perspective on all three ends. I think the end that deserves the
most respect and honor is the birth family end! The things they go
through. Not to say the other two ends are all "peachy keen". There is
just something so ... angelic and heroic about birth families though,
in my opinion.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope I was able to at least somewhat
related how special birth families are. Like I said, please feel free
to contact us or follow our blog!








No comments: