Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Pass Along Cards

As you know our family if hoping to adopt. We have our profile online at itsaboutlove.org (link to the right). We shared with all our friends and family how excited we are. And now we wait. I have been told about pass along cards and how great they are to get the word out. But with as creative as I am, or at least I like to think I am, I can't come up with anything for us, that fits us, you know what I mean?

When Jacob and I were approved my friend Carly told me about her cousin Issac and his wife Sara who had just adopted a beautiful baby girl. (Last month I posted a link to a video that Sara made in tribute to their baby's amazing Birthmom). Well Sara has been trying to find a way to help other couples hoping to adopt. the r house is having a giveaway for Sara's awesome pass along cards. I entered us to win. One of the ways we could enter was to blog about it. So, here I am blogging about it. If you or someone you know if hoping to expand their familiy through the wonderful gift of adoption, head on over to the r house and enter. :D
the r house button

No comments: