Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Monday, July 6, 2009

It's been a Long time....

Sorry it's been so long since I posted last. Not much has been going on. Well, not true. Jacob applied for the U of U starting in Jan. Which I find hilarious! While I'm a Utes fan (GO UTES!) Jacob on the other hand is a die hard BYU Cougars fan. But, the U is closer to where we will be living so he is going to get his degree from there. Other then that, they have been trying to find a replacement for him so that we can take leave in Sept. and move back home to Utah (he is the retention NCO for the Unit so they need someone else to do the job before they can let him go). They held interviews last week but haven't chosen anyone yet. Hopefully soon then we can submit his paperwork and get it all in the works so we can get packing. Only 60 days left!! (Can you tell we're excited about going home again!!)

Tammy is doing well. She's bored. Of course what teenager living in the middle of nowhere wouldn't be. I feel bad because we haven't done really any fun things this summer. This is partly because there really isn't anything around here other then the Sand Dunes and we've been there a few times already. It's also because all of our money is being saved for the house and for our adoption. But we are planning a trip next summer to Yellowstone. I haven't been since I was Tammy's age, Jacob hasn't been for a while, and Tammy has never been. So we thought it would be fun. Tammy is excited! Tammy is excited for our move back to Utah too. She will go back a couple of weeks before we do so she can start school (she'll be a Freshman, holy cow!) and then we will join her at the beginning of September. YAY!!

As for me, I'm doing well. I haven't really been up to much. I will be working this week on the recipe tin for Sister M. who won the custom tin in the service auction last month. She said her kitchen is Red (primary color red) so I'll see what I can come up with. I also am getting ready to do photos for my friend Tammy and her husband Mike who are also adopting. YAY!! (Link to their blog is on the right, it's the Ponderosa Jr. one). Oh, and I'm getting nervous about the photo shoot I get to do for Sister B. from church who won that in the service auction (she is a professional, but she saw some of my photos and loved them so she is really excited.) She is trying to get her family to come in to town so I can do all of them together. That's why I'm nervous, bunch of people, and she is a professional. But she likes my photos so I guess that is a confidence booster. :)

Anyhow, Jacob is calling me that dinner is ready. (We take turns cooking, it's his night tonight. Fajitas!! Yummy! *drool*)
I'll post more tomorrow. I have a house hunt update! *grin* Till then!

No comments: