Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

37 weeks, and a contest!!

Today was K's 37 week appt. I can't beleive we only have 21 days till her due date! Crazy! After all these years it seems a little surreal that this is all happening and truth be told I keep waiting to be woken up and told it's all been a dream. Oh, but if it is a dream, what a sweet dream it is, that I don't ever want to wake up from!

K is doing great! She is healthy, happy, and ready to not be pregnant anymore. LOL I can't even imagine. Being 37 weeks pregnant in Utah, in the heat! Wowza! K is 37 weeks and is measuring at 39. (We're thinking maybe a lot of water? Not sure why she is measuring so much bigger.)

Baby Emily continues to grow and do well. Her heart rate is at 156. She is head down and ready.

K is 70% effaced and dialated almost to a 1 but not quite at a 1 yet.

So, here is what I am thinking. A few people I know have done this, including my FB/bloggy/adoption friend Brittany, and I thought it would be fun.

I want to hold a contest to see who can guess the closest to the baby's birth date, weight, and height. If 2 people guess the same date, the winner will be whoever guessed the closest on the weight and vice versa. If two people guess the exact same, the winner will be the first person to guess it. I may do a runner up prize in that case though. Not sure what the prize will be yet, but we'll see. I'll make it good, I promise. :D Maybe something I make, maybe a gift card to my favorite restuarant, not sure yet.

Anyhow, here is what I have so far (from FB):
Matt B. July 24th
Shantell L. July 20th 7 lbs. 6 oz. 20 inches
Melinda C. July 22nd 7 lbs. 8 oz. 21 inches
Merissa C. July 23rd 7 lbs. 9 oz. 20 inches
Jennilee M. July 24th 7 lbs. 10 oz. 20 inches
Gina T. July 28th 6 lbs. 9 oz. 20 inches
Carly J. July 22nd 5 lbs. 8 oz. 21 inches
Jessa S. July 27th 8 lbs. 6 oz.
Shelley I. August 2nd 6lbs. 11 oz. 20 inches
Theresa S. July 29th 8lbs. 19 1/2 inches
Barbara D. July 25th 7lbs. 2 oz. 20 1/2 inches
Mandy E. August 5th 7 lbs. 9 oz. 20 inches
Joy G. July 16th 6 lbs. 10 oz. 19 1/2 inches
Stephanie W. July 23rd 7 lbs. 12 oz. 20 inches
Schyla C. July 14th 7lbs. 8 oz.
Alison G. July 27th 7 lbs. 8 oz. 23 inches
Lisa Z. July 23rd 6 lbs. 8 oz. 19 inches
Sabrina C. July 24th 8 lbs.
Jill B. July 20th 8 lbs. 7 oz. 20 1/2 inches
Celeste July 25th 7 lbs. 10 oz.

Any more guessers? Leave a comment here, or email me, or FB me. Tell me your guess on weight, height and the date that Emily will make her arrival. (I will update this post with guesses as I get them. :D)

4 comments:

Jessalynn Speight said...

july 27 . 8 pounds 6 oz. Jessa :)

Unknown said...

July 29, 8 lbs., 19 1/2 in. :)

Schyla and Joe said...

I'm guessing July 14th and she'll be 7lb 8oz July 14th is the day my family was sealed in the temple 21 years ago! so that's my guess

Jill Elizabeth said...

I think it'll be July 20th, 8 lb 7 oz, 20 1/2 inches long.