Welcome to our corner of the web! Here you will learn about our family and our journey of a family member adoption. In July of 2010, after 9 years of trying to add to our family and 5 years after we started our adoption journey, we welcomed baby Emily Rose. Emily's birth mom is Sharon's adopted sister. We look forward to someday adopting more children but for now, we are enjoying our time together as a family of 4!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A busy and full Friday!

Friday was a full day! I worked on the cake for about 10 hours. That combined with the 10 hours I had spent doing flowers the few days before that, made for a very long day of decorating. But the end result was worth it. The bride and groom were both happy with the cake. More on that in a later post though. My mom Barbara came to help me with the cake. She helped me to ice them and kept me company which was great. The morning came with a phone call from my sister-in-law Dawn. You know, my friend who introduced Jacob and I, who also happens to be married to Jacob's oldest brother. Dawn was 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Which is actually pretty far along, ecspecially for her. She always has her babies early whether she wants to or not! She was showing signs of Toxemia so the doctors were keeping a close eye on her. She was calling to tell me that she had an appt. with her dr. that day for a check up and was going to try to get permission to go Joe and Teresa's wedding the next day. I told her to keep me posted. Later that day she called back. The dr. decided to admit her. The symptoms were getting worse, and what was more, she was dilated to a 4. That was at around 4 in the afternoon. At 10P.M. I got a call (Tammy had my phone because she was at her cast party so we wanted her to be able to get a hold of us if needed so I didn't get the call, I got the message late that night). Melissa Dawn was born at 9:35 P.M. weighing in at 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 21 inches. Because it was late when I got the message and the next day was full to the brim with the wedding and we left Sunday morning we weren't able to go meet our new neice. But from the pictures I've seen, she is a doll!

I finished the cake at about 6 on Friday evening, just in time to change quickly and run off to closing night of Tammy's play. Tammy went to her cast party that night after the play and we picked her up afterwards and then went to my brothers house where we were staying so we could get some sleep and rest up before the wedding festivities.

No comments: