I'm sitting here at my brother's house where Jacob and I are staying here in Utah. It has been a great visit so far. Saturday we left our house at about 2 in the morning and arrived at Jacob's mom's house at around 4 p.m. It was a fairly uneventful drive. We did hit a snow storm in Gallup New Mexico which is about 6 hours, and all the way on the other end of New Mexico from our house. Luckily we were both exhuasted and tired by that point so we pulled over and slept for a little bit. By the time we woke up about 20 minutes later the snow storm had passed. The drive through Monticello and Moab Utah was gorgeous. Neither of us had ever been through there. The red rocks are something else. Just beautiful. Jacob's brother Joe and his soon to be wife Teresa along with Jacob's brother Paul and his wife Erin came over to Jacob's mom's for dinner. It was so fun to just sit and catch up with everyone. Tammy discovered that Grandma Alice Ann now has a Wii and Guitar Hero so she was in video game heaven for several hours. Paul played with her on the Wii.
Sunday was Easter, we woke up in the morning and watched our Nephew's David and Aaron hunt for Eggs. We went to church and then came home to a yummy dinner. Both brother's and thier significant others who had been there the night before were there again. That evening we came to my brother Matt's house.
Monday and Today we spent looking at houses. We did find several that we really liked. We ruled out a couple of those and have narrowed it down to 2. We are weighing the pros and cons of each (cause let's face it, there is no such thing as the perfect house). One of the houses seems like a better fit in so many ways but the other house is a better price and a has little more room. We can see ourselves in both of them and they both feel like they could be the home for us. We are going to the temple tomorrow and will pray about our decision. We may decide to wait to put in an offer on any house for a few months. Ecspecially considering we weren't going to put in an offer on any house this go round. We were just looking to see what there was and what we wanted. So we'll see. It is only a little over 4 months before we move anyway. Say closing takes around 60 days (which we would request a July 1st closing in the offer) so we close then. We would then owe our first mortgage payment on the 1st of Sept. which is the week we are moving back. In the meantime my mom said she would paint the house for us and do the window treatments so that it is all ready for us to move into when we get here in Sept.
Tomorrow we are going to the temple and then I am going to work on the flowers for the wedding cake. We will also go to Tammy's play. Thursday is baking the wedding cakes, finishing the flowers and Tammy's play. And then Friday is putting the cake together and if I get it done in time we will go to the closing night of the play. Saturday is the wedding so we have a fun rest of the week. If we decide to put an offer in on one of the houses we will talk to our lender on Thursday and submit the offer hopefully before we leave on Sunday but it'll depend on how long the pre-approval takes. So we'll see.